Welcome to my blog!
I am a National Board Certified Teacher who believes in the value of and worth of each child. I have a profound mastery of the 6-8th Grade Reading/Language Arts subject matter, many years of classroom experience, and ability to individualize my teaching. My skills include the ability to provide interesting, thought-provoking, and varied classroom experiences.
This blog is meant to be a resource for parents and students and act as a bridge to what we are doing in the classroom. Although students are expected to write down their homework assignments in their agenda, feel free to help your child by ensuring that all homework for my class is completed on a timely basis to receive full credit. To view the homework, please click on “Homework” tab at the top and click on Mrs. Hagy’s Daily Agenda. I look forward to a wonderful year with your child!
-Mrs. Hagy, NBCT & Golden Apple Teacher
Meet Phantom and his big brother Nitro:
Phantom is a black German Shepherd who was found as a stray on the south side of Chicago. A policewoman brought him to a shelter and he was transferred to the German Shepherd Rescue. He is about a year old and acts like a puppy. He is the sweetest boy. He now has a big brother and a loving home. Welcome home Phantom!
They’re going to be best friends, can you tell?
Congratulations 8th Graders! We would like to celebrate your achievements at Stone over the past years. Here is the list of 8th grade adventures (field trips) we will embark on this year:
- October 30th- The Children of Willesden Lane- Performance
- November 23- iFly- Indoor Sky Diving(STEM), permission slip and money due on October 23
- December 17th-The Nutcracker
- January- Museum of Science and Industry
- February- Play- Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry and The Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- March 23- The Holocaust Museum
- May- Six Flags Great America
- June 16- Luncheon at Monastero’s Restorante